Woodland Baptist Christian School, a ministry of Woodland Baptist Church, was established in 1963 to train the spirit, mind, soul, and body of our young people so that they achieve the proper godly balance and priorities in their lives. Proverbs 1:7a says, “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge.” Intellectual preparation begins with respect for God and authority. That is what our school and Christian education is all about. It’s about intellectual and spiritual development. One cannot have proper academic achievement without spiritual enrichment. Biblical education begins with God and finds its implementation in the home; Our schools are extensions of the home and are provided to assist parents in the training of their children.
God has established Woodland Baptist Christian School for the purpose of impacting lives for eternity through Bible-based and Christ-centered education. It is a place for teachers to influence in Jesus’ name, where students grow in faith and wisdom, and where young men and women are prepared to go into the world, eagerly pursuing the opportunities that God has made ready for them.
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only, infallible, authoritative Word of God. The King James Version of the Bible shall be the official and only translation used by the school.
2. We believe in one triune God, eternally existing in three persons-—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—each co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, coequal in power and glory, and having the same attributes and perfections.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is able to live a Godly life.
5. We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, Whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins.
6. We believe that all sins, except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, are forgivable.
7. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
8. We believe that heaven and hell are literal places.
9. We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Savior and Lord. God commands His people to separate from all religious apostasy, all worldly and sinful pleasures, practices, and associations, and to refrain from all immodest and immoderate appearances.
10. We believe in the Spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible itself is the sole and final source of all that we believe. We do believe, however, that the foregoing Statement of Faith accurately represents the teaching of the Bible and, therefore, is binding upon all our practices.
It's our goal that every student achieves their very best in academics, athletics and most importantly in their service to the Lord. Whether it be in the classroom, an athletic event , or a fine arts competition we want every student to follow 1 Corinthians 10:31 and ''do all to the glory of God''.
Our vision at Woodland Baptist Christian School is not for ourselves, but for our students to reach their potential for Christ. It's our desire that they see their abilities and the difference they can make in this world.